I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP LADIES! (kinda long)

I have a little brother who is 12 years old and he is gorgeous , smart, funny, talented and even at this young age he's a ladies man. I love my little brother dearly but I don't know what to do.
We live with our grandmother (67) and Uncle (45, He has a horrid temper) and my brother cannot help but backtalk them and fight them on everything they ask. He's horrible about it and I'm tired of hearing my grandmother yell, my uncle threaten my little brother and I'm tired of hearing his smart mouth 24/7. I'm pretty much caught in the middle of all this because I get along with all of my family.
He's already been in multiple fights, at school, in our neighborhood and other random places because he just has to have the last word. I am really afraid that one day he's going to run his mouth to the wrong person and that person is going to kill him.
I don't know what I or my parents can do... PLEASE HELP!!

3Smiths

Asked by 3Smiths at 2:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Why aren't you living with your parents to begin with? Your brother is obviously acting out in anger over something that is bothering him. Also, he is a typical teenage boy. My sons are smartasses but I put them in their place. Your grandmother doesn't need that stress and your uncle needs to learn to manage his temper and work with your brother. Maybe some counseling classes would help.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My mom lives with us also but she works. So basically she's never there. I don't want to get to the root of the problem unless it goes along with the solution.
    3Smiths

Answer by 3Smiths at 2:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• P.S we have no money, and no way to get anywhere. It's all home remedies here... I just don't know how to fix it or help.
    3Smiths

Answer by 3Smiths at 2:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• The only solution I can advise you is seek counseling for your little brother. Try anger management as well. Your little brother has a lot of anger inside him. You said you get a long with him,too, maybe you should sit him down try to talk to him. My little brother had the same problem as yours. My parents made him take anger management class. It helps him a lot. Now he can controll his anger better and is in the marines corp. Good luck to you.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• boys act out alot at this age to just test his limits, but there is something that is bothering him, he could feel left out cause everyone is busy doing there own thing like work etc and your uncle could be pushing his button for the fun of it cause some relatives like to do that cause they can and to show how high they are and the boy prolly feel belittled so he looks for fights to take his anger on. but i would try to do things with him or things that he likes to do once in awhile, he prolly also doen't have much friends too witch he must not know how to play well witch he needs to work on that, but i would find things you can do for free like there is a afterschool program to play basketball or etc
    Anonymous

• Maybe he could see someone...like a school counselor. There may be a lot of anger in him, and there has to be a reason for that...and he may not want to talk to anyone at home about it. Since you're his sister, maybe he will tell you. If not, try to get someone else involved, because it sounds like there is something more here than just a big mouth.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 6:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• well tell every body in your household how you feel
    tiny367

Answer by tiny367 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Your brother MUST learn to choose to control his anger. This is the crux of the matter. The choice is on him. Try to teach him ways to constructively vent his anger. If he gets it out, he can learn to control himself. Trust me. I've been through this one. Please let me know if this helps.
    Springtadpole2

Answer by Springtadpole2 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I meant to say also that your brother will more than likely get his behind kicked a few times. This will most likely result in him calming his mouth.
    Springtadpole2

Answer by Springtadpole2 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• all of this advice is good... also keep in mind that when it happens for you not to yell back. do the whole "kill with kindness" deal. show him that things can be resolved more civil then the way he does it. Let your family know to do this as well and he will feel silly for getting so worked up about things. gl
    Anonymous