This is so gross! Does anyone else deal with this?

I work in an office with many people. I am not prejudice at all, but I wonder if this is a cultural thing or not. The majority of people I work with are from India. The women's restroom is always filthy and smells, no matter how many times maintenance cleans it. There is always dental floss and bits of food in the sink when I go to wash my hands. They never wash their hands after using the toilet. They just flush and leave, never hearing water running. There is toilet paper everywhere but the toilet. When I am in there with others, someone always has diarreah with no shame, and farting, clearing out phlem from throat and then doesn't rinse it down and leaves it in the sink!!! There are used pads and tampons hanging out out of the bin cause they don't push them down into the trash or even wrap them up for that matter! It is nauseating. Does anyone else go through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Americans do that too. It's not an "India" thing it's just a "gross people" thing in general. My dad worked people like that and they were American.
    Anonymous

• No that would be nasty people
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Right after I graduated HS I used to clean offices. The bathrooms weren't so bad, until you got to the labs where the scientists worked. (it was a medical research place) I figured, scientists are intelligent people... but they couldn't hit the toilet!! I'm not talking urinals..... they #2ed all over the place at least 2x a week. It was horrible. And the ladies room was just as nasty as you described. I don't know if it's a cultural thing in your case. I don't think it matters. People can be pigs!! Especially if they don't have to clean it up!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I worked at an Amusement park and I lived in the dorms while working there. Mostly, it was international people who lived there. I'm so glad I only stayed there a short time because it was DISGUSTING. One time I walked into the communal showers and literally almost puked because there was a USED TAMPON sitting in the soap dish in the shower. WTF?!? Hair everywhere, never flushing the toilet. etc. I tried not to stay there for too long during the day, and whenever I did I carried antibacterial wipes with me everywhere... to wipe off the toilets, handles on communal doors & computers. Many of them didn't use deodorant and I swear they only showered once a week even though it was SUMMER and the showers were THERE and FREE. I shudder just thinking about it and I'm sorry you have to deal with this at work.
    Anonymous

• Well I know that in Mexico there are signs everywhere not to flush the paper. The plumbing there is older than Jesus and it is common pratice...so if you live where there are many people from Mexico they throw paper in the trash and not just the peed on kind.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2008