Has anyone ever used a midwife?

I am pregnant again, and this time i did not qualify for the chip prenatal insurance i had last time, and i am having trounbe finding a doctor to accept a new patient on medicaid if i qualify. I thought about ising a midwife, but am worried about not being able to get pain meds.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had a midwife with my first she was awsome i had a hospital delivery and i even had a pain medication. I ended up having a c section and though she needed assistints she was still there to deliver my son.
    I would recomend a midwife anyday they are truly amazing.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I had a midwife and would never have anything else. She was amazing! I had pain meds and although they didn't work it wasn't her fault. I delivered in a hospital and everything was great. I would reccommend a midwife to anyone, they seem a lot more personal and have a excellent bedside manner!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 2:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• no i havent, but if you do hyno birthing, i think you might feel better as long as you dont need an episitomy or anything, which are things you have to consider like if the babies head is too large to come out or you are too small, things could go wrong, every labor and delivery is not how it should be
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I've gone to midwives for all of my pregnancies. I love them. They take time to talk to me excepcially b/c I've had complications with the middle 2. I saw a dr when I was pregnant with my first. He was a jerk and blew me off. I only saw him one time. The midwives that I see do take MA. I delivered in a hospital and it was great. I can't wait to have this one this summer.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• the good thing about having a midwife is they will be in the delivery room the entire time where as for a doctor they have many patience so they pop in and pop out to check in on you im going through a midwife now and i love it
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 6:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2008