NAILS.....

CAN YOU GET YOUR NAILS DONE WHILE PREGNANT?? I WANNA GET THEM DONE FOR NEW YEARS..ILL BE 31 WEEKS PREGNANT ABOUT TO BE 32 WEEKS..

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No you can't but if you do ask them for the mask they wear. Thats what I did.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I did the entire time I was pregnant. It's better to go to someone American or to an actual salon. Try to avoid the places in malls or Wal mart that have the oriental people, they use a chemical thats really bad for you to inhale. You should be fine. Lots of women get them done. Go relax, you deserve it!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 2:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i say yes as long as their arent chemicals, but i dont get my nails done, so get them done for me lol
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• SO I CAN GET THEM DONE AS LONG AS I DONT INHALE ANY OF THE CHEMICAL SMELL???? =)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• yeah you can get them done.. but you need to wear a mask.. and as far as american and orientals, that was kinda dumb.. they use the same chemicals AND the oriental people i have went to are WAY better than the white hillbilly people who do them
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Ask them for one of the masks they wear. As long as the room is well ventilated and you keep your mouth and nose covered, you'll be fine. If you start feeling dizzy, GET OUT OF THERE! Baby will feel the effects before you, so if you're feeling it, it's time to go!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I got my nails done throughout my entire 1st pregnancy and by the oriental people. They do a much quicker, better job and my baby was fine. I get them done during this pregnancy too. I'm a HORRIBLE nail biter and they look so much better as acrylics!
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2008