how do i get my three year old son to go to the pottie???

he wants to stay in his diaper

jess_luv

Asked by jess_luv at 6:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Bribe him! That's what my mom did with us. She promised us cookies. We were potty trained by one and a half.
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Try cheerios. My son liked to aim for the floating cheerios. LOL I also offered him 1 jelly bean each time he pottied in the toilet and 2 for a poopie. He loved that.
    nicci_ann

Answer by nicci_ann at 6:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• my son will be three in about three weeks, when you get the answer to this question you tell me. PLEASE!!
    kristyann

Answer by kristyann at 6:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• This may be a little off of the wall here, but maybe if you have a male role model show him how to pee on a tree outside in the backyard? My dad showed my son how to do this, and he thought it was so cool that he started peeing outside for the first day or so, but then we showed him where to do it (in the bathroom) and he did great ever since. It is a trial and error thing, potty training your child, so you may have to try several different aproaches.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 1:39 AM on Jul. 14, 2008