He just wont get the hint.

one of the guys who works for the mowing company that out land lord has hired wont leave me alone. now im gettin freaked out. started off with just texts. we exchanged numbers only because he is the head guy of the crew and they dont mow the same day and time every week. i like a warning of when they are coming over so i can get all the stuff out of the yard. i have told him several times that i was not interested in hanging out. Im married!!! i would tell him im dont want anything with him and to leave me alone. he would leave me alone for a few days. he text again tonight so i just gave my phone to my husband and he called and told the guy to f off and to leave us alone. my dh is at work and this guy keeps driving past my house. the cops wont do anything until an actual threat is made, which he hasnt. after dh told him off the guy just said well thats alright u can keep your b****. he dh responded with damn right i will.

this guy recently got married but his wife left him. he told her that him n i dated, which i never did. i only been with 2 guys, my ex finance then my husband. he would tell his wife that i would watch him when he mows, which yeah i do, just to make sure that he doesnt mow over my garden. he told her i got him a shirt, which i didnt. she ended up leaving him and blames me for it.

im not sure what to do. i been keeping track of when he texts...i lock n save those texts. and jotted down when he kept driving by tonight. without the threat of physical harm or actual physical harm there is nothing i can do.

any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Firing him from the mowing will not change anything. Except to anger him and he already sounds unstable. I would docuement everything and i would grab a camera and step outside and let him see you photograph him driving by. That way he KNOWS you are onto him and you have proof....
    ferrellmt

Answer by ferrellmt at 11:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• Keep your cell on you and ready to dial 911. Tomorrow in the light of day, go to the police and tell them this man is stalking your house.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• Tell the landlord to get someone else to mow your grass or start doing it yourself.

Answer by louise2 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• This guy is truly a nut job. Honey get a weapon and keep it near your bed. take pictures when he drives by, get his license plate number, the times, keep the texts, and EVERY single time he comes through your neighborhood call the police. Make a formal complaint with the company and continue to do so everyday until he is gone. You can get a restrainig order placed against him if you feel unsafe, and pick up taekwondo or something. I did and I feel SO much safer now during the day. Good luck my dear. He's just stupid. I don't quite think he's crazy.
    starlit_kissez

Answer by starlit_kissez at 11:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• call corporate... call the bosses of his mowing company- get him fired if needed. that dude is CRAZY! gl... get some pepper spray too!
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 11:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• Get corporate involved. If something happened to you because they did NOTHING that wold be a huge lawsuit. I doubt they want anything like that to happen. Start calling and writing letters to them, it is their responsibility to keep their rental properties safe. The squeaking wheel gets the oil.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 11:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• Agree with PartyGal and lock your doors and windows, keep your lawn/porch lights on, and keep a weapon by your bed. My husband works nights and luckily I have the best dog in the world to look after me and my son, but I also keep a baseball bat by my bed.
    Don't let this a--hole get to you.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 11:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• Are there not stalking laws? I would call the police every single time he drives by the house.
    Anonymous

• I agree tell the landlord. I'm sure he would rather fire him then lose you as tenants.
    mrs.smith2011

Answer by mrs.smith2011 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2011

• these apartments are owned by a real estate company. i talked to our local manager about this and she has no say only corporate does.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2011