Is Sin and sexuality are virtually synonymous to Pentacostal's?

I heard they only have sex for the purpose of reproduction. This CANNOT be true, can it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• What if a married couple cannot reporduce, is she treated like a "lesser" person?
    Anonymous

• I hope not lol. My Torah definitly says differently and that's just the old test. of the Christian Bible.
    RissaBusch

Answer by RissaBusch at 2:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• It isnt a sin to have sex, if it is with your husband. You are supposed to be faithful and loyal to your spouce. I think that God created things for our pleasure and enjoyment, yes, it is to reproduce, but if you enjoy it in the process is it a sin? i dont think so. Now there are other sexual sins but having sex with your spouce isnt one of them.
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 3:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• LOL.. definitely not. Sex outside of marriage is a sin.. fornication in the bible. Sex within marriage is definitely not a sin. And no it's not just for reproduction.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I'm not sure. But I know that God gave sex to married couples as a gift, it is also meant for reproduction, but if is was ONLY meant for reproduction it wouldn't be as pleasurable as it is.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• people who attend the pentacostal in my town (rural ohio) all wear long skirts, buns and long sleeves year round.... that made me think they were less into sexuality..... but really idk!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• No. Pentecostals get their name because of the experience of the Ourt Pouring of the Holy Ghost on the Day of Pentecost. Acts 2:1-4
    And when day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord.
    And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind and it filled all the house where they were sitting
    And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire and it sat upon each of them.
    And they were filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tonges as the Spirit gave them utterance.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 10:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• cont. Pentecostals are taught to enjoy sex with you spouse (fertile or infertile to the highest level. Lovemaking is a very important aspect of the marriage bed and are taught do not negelct this area of your marriage.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 10:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• The Amish are only to have sex to reproduce...
    Anonymous

• so true Sis Jackson
    Anonymous