whats the easiest way to get rid of stress

im at home wife n a mom n im completely stressed out my kids r 5 and 2 n 4 quarters

sopita

Asked by sopita at 2:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Health

• This exact question was posted about an hour ago or so.
    Anonymous

• 12 pack.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• report people on cafemom
    Anonymous

• for me "MUSIC",there's a lot of ways, try to find someone trusthworthy to care for ur kids then go out and talk to a friend,go and take a walk ,dance it off,i do excersise w my kids then we play together and dance a little then we do some yoga,by the time i start doing the yoga they're exhausted and fall asleep, then i relax by reading a book and enjoy the quiet time :)
    nellibatel

Answer by nellibatel at 3:24 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Xanax!
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 3:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• wine
    Anonymous

• Wait.

If your kid is age "two and four quarters" - doesn't that mean your kid is three?

Lookit me, using the math.

(Blush)

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• wimsey that mean. She is already stressed no need to point it out further. I guess I would recommend enrolling the older child in a preschool if they arent already and maybe start a babysitting club type thing with a girlfriend. Instead of paying eachother just take turns watching eachothers kids and when the kids are gone leave the dishes alone. Paint your toe nails or take an hour long bath. No one house burned down because of a few dishes or undone loads of laundry. Find a way to make time for you
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I take a hot bath with a glass of red wine in my hand. mmmm....I may go do that now.
    Or SEX!.....GOOD SEX!!!!!
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Ok - the non-math answer.

If you are stressed, you need to take a look at what you are doing and why. Is this stress coming from you or your surroundings? Is it something you can control?

If you have a supportive partner, that is a big step. You need to clearly state your needs (more alone time, more together time, perhaps a code word for "Mommy needs 15 minutes without little people right now") and make sure your partner understands that this will make you a happier and non-crazy wife.

If you don't have a supportive partner, build your network of friends in the real world - try MOPS, church, neighborhood, volunteer groups, parks - wherever mothers gather. Be friendly and you will make a friend. Every mother is crazy in their own way - just find someone you fit with. Then lean on that friend when you are stressed.

If you are stressed because you are a control freak and won't let anyone help you, get over it.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2008