Credit help!

Has anyone found a good debt consoldation loan that does not effect your credit. We have a good chunk of credit card debit that we need to get rid of but having no luck, with to many cards and high min payment. I could use any advice you had thanks..

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have never heard of anything that considers a debt consolidation loan "good." Have you tried calling your credit card companies and asking for a lower rate? If you have paid on time for a while, they should give it to you, you have to ask, though. I am not sure about credit counseling, but that may be a better avenue. have someone help you figure out your finances and set up a budget.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 2:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Use a small loan place... like security Finance... I got a 400 dollar loan and pay 82 a month for 7 months to pay them back. Put it towards your credit cards... get them under the limits so you are not getting over the limit fees. But ya if you can aford to do that you will be paying of debt and buliding your credit at the same time. That how I'm working on getting my things paid off. Or try to get a loan from your bank to pay your credit cards off... that way you just have one monthly payment to your bank to pay instead of a bunch of little payments to everyone.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 2:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2008