who would i talk to.

I was doing my free credit report and it said in 2003 i took out a morage loan!!!
I would have been 15
i dont know who i have to talk to

mama2twins07

Asked by mama2twins07 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• You have to write the Credit Bureau for them to open a fraud report but it's free. Send them a letter that you didn't open a mortgage and need have that item investigated
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Do you know anyone in your family that might have used your credit to get a home loan?? Im really not sure who you would talk to..... did it say the bank or company name in which you took it out on?? if so call them and see whats going on and maybe they can help you from there.....
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• You need to contact the credit bureau and inform them that this is false, and then contact the company that you supposedly took out a mortgage with. When you look at your credit report it should have contact numbers for all the people you have any type of credit with. You need to contact them and figure out WTH is going on.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i have to pay to look at all those.
    I dont have a bank or a credit card.
    that i y i asked who would you talk to.

and no no family. There is another (mY name) is lives in nd and she is like 20+ yrs older then me
    thought it has to do with social sacerity numbers
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• might be worth paying the fee (like $15, isn't it?) to be able to do what you need to fix your credit. I would get the full report and then investigate from there.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 2:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• where do i get a address.
    i am 20 i dont know any of this. yugh
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• there are three major credit bureaus, but I don't remember any of the names. Try a google search for "credit bureau"
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 3:05 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion are the 3 credit bureaus.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• each credit bureau has a form you can fill out to get a free copy of your credit report. You can google the credit bureau names to get their addresses. You are allowed one free copy per year(per credit bureau so get and check all 3!). After you get those, you can contact the bureau to inform them of the false information, and then contact the company that the mortgage was supposedly through. It does have to do with your social security number, you may be a victim of identity theft. I hope you get this figured out soon!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• You don't have to pay to get your full credit report. Under the FCRA (Fair credit reporting act) you're entitled to one free copy from each every year. This goes for everyone. When you get your copy it will include forms to fill out if any accounts are wrong. Mistakes on credit happen commonly - crossing over from names, living the same place, other confusion. Its easy to correct.. https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Order from the above site.  It is the ONLY site approved by the government for truly free report - no strings attached as required by law.  You can double check that info with the FTC right here

http://www.ftc.gov/freereports

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2008