I am going to be taking a trip to Texas soon to go and see my mom. It will be me and 2 puppies and my 5 month old son. Any tips to help me keep sane? And to make it easier......or even what to bring! Its a 21 hour drive so help would be greatly appreciated!

Traveling with 5 month old, packing tips, sanity tips,

luvmybbyboy23

Asked by luvmybbyboy23 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Travel

• Are you sure you want to do that? 2 dogs and a baby? Whew.....
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Sounds like a lot of work! Not a vacation at all. There is no one to watch the puppies for you so you don't have to take them?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• No I have to take them. My husband is doing training in the military and I have to go stay with my mom. Flying is too expensive so I get to drive!
    luvmybbyboy23

Answer by luvmybbyboy23 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Maybe get a friend to go along with you?
    magnadi

Answer by magnadi at 7:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• seriously, tylenol to help if the baby starts crying and wont stop.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I can't imagine driving to boston for 9-10 hours with my 5 and 7 years old.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I would suggest having the puppies in an animal carrier for their safety and yours and I would suggest if affordable a protable DVD player to help entertain them. Your baby being small will honestly sleep most of the time and may the Lord bless you and your husband for your sacrifices.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Books for your baby. You can set a nice book/ illustration up by his feet for him to look at. Music...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You can do it! I traveled from Chicago to Seattle with my infant and a dog! Bring lots of treats for the kid and the dogs. Also pack a cooler with water for the dogs, drinks for you, bottles for baby, etc. Stop as often as necessary! Your son will probably sleep a lot, and hopefully the dogs will too. If you have a SUV, put the dogs in the back back & find a way to keep them back there so that they're not jumping on the baby. Best wishes!!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I would leave as early in the morning as possible, and make sure you plan enough time for stops. Since it is a 21 hour drive, you may want to opt to make a 2 day roadtrip out of it. It may do you some good to stop for the night and get a good nights rest. Pack lots of water, snacks for you and baby, and treats for the dogs. Good Luck and safe journey!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 1:36 AM on Jul. 14, 2008