Am I having contractions??

I am 39 weeks tomorrow, i am due December 26th i am having cramps , lower back pain, amd lots of pressure. These pains come and go. They last about a minute to a minute and a half!! i feel these pains about every 2 hours. i dont know if i am dilated yet? my doctor has not checked me yet?? I am very uncomfortable, these pains dont go awsy if i walk around or change positions. Someone please help?? I dont know if i should call my doctor??

babyzawojskyj08

Asked by babyzawojskyj08 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sound like labor is beginning but if they are only coming every two hours you got a while to go you could call your dr and let him know whats happening he might wana bring you in and atleast check you. If he does he will more then likely send you back home and tell you to call again when they are closer together more like 5mins apart and lasting a min or min and a half.
    Good luck.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I am absolutely SHOCKED that your doctor has not checked you. My doctor started checking me at 36 or 37 weeks. It sounds like you are in the early stages of labor. When you have a real contraction, there's absolutely NO questioning it. It will be so painful that it almost knocks the breath out of you.
    Anonymous

• You still have time, wait until they are more frequent. I am 40 weeks plus and am having pains when I walk, so I sat down and they stopped. This has been going on for 24 hours. Just keep track of it, relax and you will know when you are having contractions (you won't be able to talk through them). Even when they start, you still have plenty of time. Relax and try not to fight it, it will hurt more.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• That's almost guaranteed to be prelabor. So you'll probably go into labor very soon. Could be not until tomorrow, or it could be later today. Or it could stop entirely. Try to get as much rest as possible, because it's not that likely to stop and you want to be well rested for birthing your baby. You're probably starting to slowly get your first couple of cm of dilation. Wait until it's more frequent, though, before you go to the hospital, otherwise they'll either send you home, or you'll be there FOREVER before you have your baby.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 3:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• CALL YOUR OBGYN WITH THESE SYMPTOMS
    Anonymous