Which formula is closest?

I'm flat broke and can't afford my son's $26/can Alimentum. I've posted online and no one has any to give me, so I'm literally scraping the change jar to buy some cheap crap at Wal-Mart. He's allergic but IDK what else to do, he needs to eat.

So my question is, which formula is closest to Alimentum and Nutramigen??

HeartsLove

Asked by HeartsLove at 3:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i honestly dont know which is more alike but id think that wal mart would make one thats there brand thats close i guess you just have to look im sorry i could be much help.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• they make a parents choice gental formula maybe its close. sorry i tried looking it up online to maybe help and couldnt find much.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• You might call your pediatrician and see if she has samples of these formulas that she can give you. Thats how we get our formula and other things as well. They are a goldmine for the samples!
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I agree to call the pediatrician, they usually have some of it on hand and would surely be willing to help you out. My niece was on Nutramagin and to my knowledge there is no generic form. I know that my sister tried finding a cheaper version it (6 years ago) and there was none.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 3:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• you can call similac and enfamil and ask them to send you samples act like you have never tried it and you want too lol.... i have gotten lots of formula this way. is the baby allergic to milk? soy isnt that expensive and can be very effective thats what my daughter is on she is allergic to milk.
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Check with your insurance and state insurance laws. Many states have laws that require the insurance company to pay for prescribed formula.

That's the one with no milk protiens, right? From what I've seen, there is no generic available. I agree with an above poster to call the companies to get coupons. You can also sign up online.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Definately call the formula company, they will send samples and lots of coupons! Also, sign up to recieve parents magazine, I think it's free for the first year, they always have enfamil coupons. Another idea is to check and see if your state sponsors WIC, it's a great program for parents who are struggling. It provides formula and cereal and juice after a certain age. You just have to prove you income! Hope this helps!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 4:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Oh, and if you call or email with your situation, they may send you some cans for free or some coupons for free cans.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I would have your pediatrician submit a letter to your insurance company explaing why she needs the special formula, they might be able to help with the cost.
    Also check online for bulk cases at a cheaper rate.

AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• IF you can't afford it go to the ped's your church any where, but do not give your baby the cheap crap it will only make him sick.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 4:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2008