Fudge Recipe

I used to have a fudge recipe but I'm afraid I've written it down wrong. The last time I made it, it was not firm enough. The ingredients are: cocoa powder(unsweetend), sugar, butter, sweetend cond milk, and vanilla. Does anyone have this fudge recipe???

sweetiepie09

Asked by sweetiepie09 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Food & Drink

• The best fudge recipe is the one with marshmallow in it...it is usually written on the back of the jarred marshmallow.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I have one similar, but without condensed milk - I use whole milk. If you don't cook it long enough, if it doesn't boil for the right amount of time, it comes out chewy and too soft. If you boil it for too long, then it comes out rock hard and you might bust a tooth trying to bite it. My guess is that you maybe didn't boil it for as long as you should have. How long does it call for in the recipe? Add a couple minutes and see if that works. If it still comes out too soft, add a couple more minutes. Eventually you will find the right balance.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 3:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• yep
    its a half cup of cocoa
    3 cups suger
    tsp vanilla
    5oz can of sweetend cond milk
    and a stick and a half of butter
    Anonymous

• oh yeah and dont forget the marshmellow creme.
    if you dont let it boil long enough it wont get solid like it should once you have cooked it remove it from the heat and add the marshmellow creme.
    Anonymous

• I like Alton Brown from Good Eats. Here are his fudge recipes

chocolate fudge http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/chocolate-fudge-recipe/index.html

Peanut butter fudge http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/peanut-butter-fudge-recipe/index.html

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I use the one on the back of the marshmellow fluff jar...so easy
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2008