I never thought I'd say this but..

is anyone else SICK of shopping?? uuuugh, I have been out shopping almost everyday this week...I am tired of spending money lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• I hear ya! It wasn't even so much the actual shopping but the stress of figuring out how to budget better this year and spending less than usual.
    Anonymous

• I'm sick of the crowds!!
    Anonymous

• I agree with the crowds! I stood in a checkout line at walmart for 15 minutes! Every line was that way, I'll be glad when the holidays are over!!
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I would love shopping if I had any idea what to get the last few people. I only have the hard people left and I still have NO IDEA WHAT TO GET THEM!!! I hate this! I just want to be done with this.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 4:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I vote we cancel the usual christmas... just decorate a tree, make a big meal, buy a few gifts for the kiddies (honestly, adults don't need gifts, if they want something they've probably already bought it for themselves!) eat, drink, be merry, and take a nap.
    All told, probably cost less than a hundred bucks (depending on how many kids you have)
    Pecan pie, anyone? :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Egh...its not the shopping...believe me, my SO wishes it was! lol. Its that I've got to buy for my MIL and I have no idea what to get.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I love shopping. I am so sad that DH and I have had to really cut back on Christmas this year. I love getting gifts for others. Hopefully next year will be better.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I agree with plylerjones, my husbands side of the family are Jehovahs witnesses so they don't celebrate christmas. The first four or five years we were together we would all go over there for dinner which had no turkey, but everything else, and they were the most restful fun christmases I have ever celebrated. Now I go to my mothers house to celebrate and I always buy them gifts 'cause the clelebrate christmas and I feel obligated. I don' want to say I don't enjoy myself over there, but it is not as relaxing when I am out rushing at the last minute to get them gifts.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I miss the slower pace of christmas in Australia. We buy for each other until we have kids and then we just buy for the kids.

Cooked breakfast.
    Going to the beach before it gets too hot.
    Lunch is either a BBQ at the beach or cold cuts, salads, seafood etc buffet style at home
    Afternoon nap.....(catch up on z's if we all went to the pub christmas eve)
    leftovers...

This year we bought our gifts for the kids during the year, and I did the final purchases the day after Thanksgiving. I am glad I planned ahead as DH cannot work or drive right now, and I don't think I could have done it all otherwise.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Hi, I just want to let you know what we do in our family. Our girls are 26 and 16 years old and we have been doing Christmas this way for years. We don't buy presents at all. We just buy ornaments. This takes away all of the stress of HAVING to find just that RIGHT gift for someone. As far as gifts for other people I just usually give friends and neighbors a plate of HOME BAKED GOODIES. No one has ever complained, and my kids still say that they BOTH love that our Christmas is low key, and less stressful, and we just spend Christmas day hanging out together, having fun, playing games, cooking, maybe even going to a movie sometimes.
    moemomma2

Answer by moemomma2 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2008