There's a kid who's always calling my kid names, i have spoken to his mom and teacher about it, he gets to my son every chance he gets,i think he's a bully shoul i tell the principal?am I being over protective?

nellibatel

Asked by nellibatel at 3:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If speaking to the parent and the teacher hasnt worked than you need to speak to the principal.
    thats_karma

Answer by thats_karma at 3:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I would use to say that's just be overprotective but nowadays I don't thinks thats the case. You here so much on the news now about kids taking it too far. I would say something but ask him to take care of it anonomously. (Not say so and so's mom said...)
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 3:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• That is a tough one. Have you heard this child call your child names?
    Some kids pick on kids just to gain attention, If talking to the parent and the teacher doesn't work get your husband to handle it kids tend to be itimidated by that. I Don't mean to sound like a bully myself but hey you are handling this the best way you can . All I know is a lady yelled at my child and my husband handled it by talking to her child and that was the end of that. My husband looks tough I guess that is why. He was going to talk to the parent but the child was like I am sorry I won't do this again...Do you want me to talk to your parents?...No sir. The End.
    Anonymous

• I would talk to the principal. If you hear it directly, I would also talk to the kid myself. Finally, I'd explain to your kid that people do things for a reason...good or bad. Obviously this bully is getting something out of calling your kid names...ask your kid how he responds to it and maybe discuss a different way of responding going forward. As Doctor Phil says "People do what works"...if it doesn't work anymore it stands to reason that the bully would stop.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Def. talk with the principle. Most schools are no tolerance.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• It's surprising the teacher hasn't discussed it with the principal, if she hasn't been able to make it stop in the classroom. Yes, I would have a meeting with the principal about it.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 9:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i have heard this kid call names to my son even the teacher has told him to apologize but I don't see its working,my son ignored him at first but this just made it worst,about a day ago this kid came up to him and grabbed him and called him the names,my son reacted by pushing him and punching him,i was surprised because in school they teach them to ignore them buy i guess my son just had it,he was frustrated, when my sons teacher saw this she made this bully kid apologize and asked him why he does it,to what the kid answer after giving it a thought:"My friends tigger and pooh told me to do it," now i dont know if he just made it up or ifhe really has some problems,I guess I only have one alternative and that is to talk to the principal,i just have to wait after xmass break,thank you all for all your advice, now i see that i am not so overprotective =)
    nellibatel

Answer by nellibatel at 11:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Definitely go to the principal if the mom and teacher are no help.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 12:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• SHAMEEEE on the teacher for not reporting this. I would be asking her why she isnt doing something about this problem!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:10 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• the teacher did tell me she was going to talk to the counselor and to the other kids teacher but i guess she didnt, so i have to just go and talk to the principal and hopefully get this problem solved.
    nellibatel

Answer by nellibatel at 10:19 AM on Dec. 19, 2008