I asked the jewish question to ask this christian question.....

I am slowly finding out that some in the christian faith seem to consider that only a small group of people will enter heaven. Namely Christians. So I had a thought. If Jesus lived and died Jewish how is even a possable argument that he would deny his own people entrance to heaven? The Jewish people certainly don't look to him as a savior but a prophet. So they wouldn't be "saved", which seems to be the going theory on how you get in. I am a christian and am just trying to understand the reasoning. So the question in the middle of all that was.......Do you truly believe he would deny his people entrance into heaven because they haven't been "saved"?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Jews are His chosen people. I don't think he'll deny them.

I believe that it's the Jehovah's Witnesses that think there's only a miniscule amount of people that will enter into Heaven.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Ok!! I am a Catholic and I personally do not believe Jesus will deny any of his children. He died to save all of us not just Christians. When I think of Jesus' love I think of the love parents have for their kids times but only Jesus' love is indefinitely so to answer your question NO Jesus will not deny any one the entrance to Heaven.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• The reason I ask Renee is a week or so ago I was blown away by answers to a question where many many Christians said that the ONLY way to get into heaven was to be saved through Jesus Christ. I thought that left out a lot of people and they said you have to be saved. It's really been bothering me!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• momof030404 There is only one way to enter into Heaven and that is through Jesus Christ. Jesus came into the world to save us. Believing and Trusting Him as your Lord and Savior. During the tribulation period we read where 144, 000 Jews will trust Christ. So, in the end some will come to trust Him as Lord and Savior. But, we know in John 3:16
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." God loves the WHOLE world, it isn't His will that any should perish. But, sinners must come to Jesus and trust Him and His finished work on the cross.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I DO believe people will be denied from entering Heaven. Jesus' death was not a "free ticket". It's a gift to those who believe Him.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Heaven.....When it says

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish

Couldn't the HIM be refering to God and not Jesus?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• The first poster is right about Jehovah's Witness - in a way. My old assistant was raised JW. She explained it to me the best way she knew how. She said that their bible says that only 140,000 people on the earth, from the beginning of time until the end of time will go to heaven. Then after the world ends God will raise the dead and everyone that was ever alive will go to heaven.

I am a Christian. I believe that anyone who has accepted Jesus Christ as their personal savior will go to heaven, no one else will.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• As one of Jehovah's Witnesses we believe that 144,000 will go to heaven to reign with Christ over the earth, those who are of that "Ruling Class" were the FIRST 144,000 Faithful Christians and that would mean that ALL those Faithful in the Fisrt Century are in that 144,000 meaning many many of them are Jewish, The Bible calls them the "Firstfruits to God"
    I'll post a second one that has Scriptures that explain this...
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Jesus Christ was spiritually begotten at the time of his baptism and was resurrected from the dead to life in the spirit on Nisan 16, 33 C.E., the day of the year on which the firstfruits of the first grain crop were presented before Jehovah at the sanctuary. He is, therefore, called the firstfruits, being actually the first firstfruits to God. (1Co 15:20, 23; 1Pe 3:18) The faithful followers of Jesus Christ, his spiritual brothers, are also a firstfruits to God, but not the primary firstfruits, being similar to the second grain crop, the wheat, which was presented to Jehovah on the day of Pentecost. They number 144,000 and are called the ones “bought from among mankind as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb” and “certain firstfruits of his creatures.”—Re 14:1-4; Jas 1:18.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• The rest of mankind will live forever on the earth Psalms 37:9-11 & 29 and Jesus said that the meek shall inherit the Earth. Matthew 5:5.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2008