Is it normal for a 22 month old to sleep on the floor?

My 22 month old son has been waking up in the middle of the night and at nap time and moves everything in his bed to the floor and goes back to sleep there. We try to move him back to his bed, but he always ends back up on the floor. Is this normal? Or is he telling us he needs a bigger bed then his toddler bed?

BoobiePrize

Asked by BoobiePrize at 3:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well he could be telling you that the crib mattress is not giving him enough support...or that its uncomfortable if youve had this mattress since he was an infant id get him a new one...or switch to a twin sized bed we just moved ours into a bunk bed so he and his brother could sleep in the same room..but check is mattress and see about gettin a new one...or a bigger bed.

GOOD luck
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• lol my boys do that. they also end up with each other or in each others bed.

thats not as bad as sleeping on top of the dresser..my bro did that
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My son is 4 1/2 and he still sleeps in the floor some nights.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 3:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My son always ends up on the floor sleeping. Sometimes in the hallway. LOL!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• That sounds awfully cute.

Our boy likes to arrange different nests around the house. He's very serious about getting everything just right.

Enjoy your child.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Xylia has never slept ANYWHERE other than in her crib or toddler bed. She's never fallen asleep anywhere weird. I will say that she does crawl up on her pillow and sleep there because it's softer (She's totally the princess and the pea). Maybe his mattress isn't firm enough for him? Maybe it's a boy thing lol?
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• In the hallway? lol, that is too cute! Mine "nests" too, now that it's getting cold he drags his comforter off the bed and arranges it over the heating vent!!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 3:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My son is 7 and sleeps on the floor half the time. He just likes it better then his bed and has always slept on the floor, even when he was a toddler, lol. He's just strange.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• At that age DD would go sleep in her closet. Freaked me out the first time I went in her room, and she wasn't in bed. LOL I started calling her name and she came out of her closet.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 5:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• He's fine! My kids have done that.
    KissieBaby3

Answer by KissieBaby3 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2008