How do you get the white flaky skin on a newborns head to go away?

hellokittym24

Asked by hellokittym24 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like maybe cradle cap id use a cradle cap shampoo natures choice makes one or you can try putting baby oil in his or her hair and cumb it out gently. if those dont work it will go away on its own
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Are you talking about cradle cap? You put baby oil on their head and comb it through their hair. let it sit for a little while and then wash their hair.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• A gentle scrub with a washcloth usually got rid of it for me after a few days. Since it's winter I would try using a moisturizing baby wash and if need be put a little lotion on it after baths. There's also special shampoo you can buy to help get rid of cradle cap if it's really bad but my boys never had it that bad.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 3:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• There's this lotion called Baby Magic. It smells so awesome and works really great for cradle cap. I put it on his scalp before shampooing his hair and the cradle cap hasn't come back!

Anonymous

• we were told by the hospital where i had my daughter not to use baby oil but to use vegetale oil inster b/c it is all natural and doesnt have chemicals in it like baby oil does. I tried it and it worked
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• what i did was when i gave my daughter a bath i took her soft baby brush and massaged her scalp with the bristles in a circular motion. and try putting lotion his/her hair after the bath is over.
    k10ann7

Answer by k10ann7 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• flaky skin is not cradle cap. My babys head was doing the same thing. I use Burts Bees baby bee shampoo and when it started getting flaky I bought this baby conditiner. It's by California Baby. No fragrance. 100% natural and vegan. It has helped a lot.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2008