i think i have postpardom depression

have you ever experienced ppd? what are some symptoms? how severe was your case? i feel like i have it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• I think I had it after I gave birth to my son. I was depressed like I didnt want to do anything. I get angry at my DH all the time. I wanted a different life. I didnt want to talk to anyone just sleep with my infant all day.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• well i had it and i wanted to be alone all the time, i would take care of the babies and everything but all alone in my room, i didnt want to talk to anyone. i was constantly moody and crying all the time i felt like everything was my fault.not to mention i did not want my babies i had horrible thoughts about hurting them.i didnt want to tell anyone cause i thought they would put me away or something.my husband and i were very distant and he worried a lot. until i went to see my psychologist and i was diagnosed with severe ppd. was in therapy for 6 mo.with med.the lowest dose possible.did not interfere with my daily life.no sleeping or drowsiness.anyway. you are not alone. if you feel depressed talk to someone or go get help.im here for you if you ever need a friend.hope all is well...
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 4:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• omgosh. I had it, and I didnt want to do anything, kinda like the mom with the first awnser, except I didn't even want to hold my baby. I was in a bad mood all the time, and i picked fights with my fiance, and cried over everything, I had to get some pills for it from my doctor, you should talk to your doctor, dont be afraid to bring it up either, Its a very common thing for women to get after labor.
    Anonymous

• Please google PPD online and get your info. If you have what they say call your OB and they will refer you to a psychiatrist and Therapist.

Anonymous

• Blugh, I HATE having PPD but I guess my case is kind of extreme due to some environmental factors. For me it got so bad that I cut my arms and wrist for a release. I was put on a medication that under normal circumstances probably would have helped and it did until I ran out and couldnt get to the pharmacy fro over a month. Make the call. Help is just a phone call away and most women feel better in a matter of weeks. Also join the group for moms with PPD there is a lot of info thats helpful
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I was tired all the time and cried a lot. Everything seemed more than I could bear. I talked to the doctor. I was hoping that he'd say that I "must" have a housekeeper come in and help out for a few weeks. All he said was to get over it. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2008