encouraging..

My son is 6 months, and he tries to crawl, he will push himself on his knees then scoot, but he doesnt really try anymore after he does it once. What are some ways I can help him, or encourage him how to crawl, or help him crawl?

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 8 mo. old and she still isn't crawling. She does the army crawling thing and gets where she wants to go. I have friends whose babies skipped crawling altogether and went straight to walking. Every baby is different. I got a roll around ball by VTech for mine for Christmas...it moves and lights up on its own to encourage baby to crawl after it. My dogs are really the best incentive for my little one though...they're little and docile and all she wants to do is get her hands on them. They're great because once she gets close, they step away and she has to do it all over again!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Put a few of his favorite toys just out of his reach, then he will want them and move towards them!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 4:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2008