Our 9 month old starts to cry/scream in the car in a matter of minutes. I have heard that changing the car seat can fix this-anyone had any luck/solutions?:)

magnadi

Asked by magnadi at 6:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Travel

• I had to make a special pillow for my son when he was younger because the car-seat seemed to hurt his bottom when he was in it after only a few minutes. I would try folding a baby blanket a couple of times and placing it under him to see if the padding helps. Good Luck.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My son is much the same way. He hates his car seat. period end of discussion. Road trips are almost out of the question, unless we drive at night. You may have to change car seats, or find a sitter for when you have to run errands if you are going to be out and about for hours. Thats what we had to do...
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 1:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Mine is the same. I just sit in back with him, and try to entertain him. I show him flash cards, or read him books, anything to keep him from crying.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 2:53 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• everytime we travel with our kids, we make sure that the majority of the driving is in the middle of the night, that way they will be sleeping or tired enough to fall asleep. Getting ready to drive from NJ to MA at 4am in the modning .. with 3 kids under 5 yrs.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2008