how do i potty train my daughter?!

my daughter is 18 months old and she loves to go to the bathroom with me when i go, she likes to sit on the potty, but she just doesnt get the concept....what do i do?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• too young, she will give you signs like telling you she is wet or feels icky or just to take her diaper off after it is soiled.
    Anonymous

• She is starting to wonder about it and starting to put the pieces together. But she's not ready yet. Get a couple of potty training storybooks for her and read them every now and then. Talk about how one day she will go peepee and poopoo in the potty when you are changing her diaper. Ask her if you go peepee in a diaper or if you use the potty. Get a good potty training book that talks about several different methods so you can find the best one for you. And remember, every child is different. What works for one child may not work for yours, when one child is ready to learn may not be the best time for yours.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My daughter just started the grabbing herself when she has to pee. We even got her a potty so she can sit on it while I go to the bathroom. This is what I do!! :)

When I go to the bathroom, take her with you. dont necessarily make her sit on her potty, but if you tell her thats what she is supposed to do when she has to go peepee it helps. When you finish using the restroom, stand up and say"bye bye peepee" then flush and wave. My daughter has now started doing that whenever anyone uses the bathroom!! she does it when she pees too. Also, on the days that I am off work, i take her diaper off of her. some people are going to say thats gross, sure go ahead. she has only peed on the floor once, and its going to happen. but when she did, she realized she didn't like it going down her legs and on her feet in front of everyone and she ran to the bathroom and sat on her potty. I know this was long, but hope it helps!!! :)
    sabinam

Answer by sabinam at 7:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2008