Have you ever attended a race?

Vineman (an Ironman triathlon) was here yesterday, and it was SOOO inspiring to go! I went to the finish line and expo after work, and it got me SO motivated to get ready for a tri myself. I'm doing my first half marathon next month, a duathlon (run bike run) next year, and maybe a tri next year. We'll see! But I think I may try to at least attend more of these events to keep my motivation up. I swear I had a seven-day smile plastered across my face! I couldn't stop congratulating the finishers and cheering on those still en route to the finish!

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 3:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• The endurance, discipline and excitement are amazing. That's the kind of thing to encourage your kids to do. :0) Good luck with yours!

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• Run a race? Many. I would like to do a dualthon. No tri for me, unless the swimming venue were a pool-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• no, but i would like 2
    wifecombs

Answer by wifecombs at 11:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• Exactly! I want my son growing up around this and perhaps participating when he's old enough. He already asks if he can come on my runs, and I take him on easy rides when I can. He's only 2, so he can't exactly keep up, but I hope he keeps asking when he IS old enough to come with me! I want to take him to races whenever possible so he can see it and love it as I do.
    Thanks for the well wishing! =)
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2011