Has anyone actually died from weed ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• The drug itself won't kill you, but plenty of people have been killed either by doing stupid things while high, or by someone who was high. Just google "marijuana death". And even more people are killed every day by illegal drug traders. In the US, most pot comes from California or Mexico (you've been hearing about all the bloodshed from drug trafficing in Mexico, right?) Think pot is okay because you just sit around your livingroom wasting time when high (not hurting anyone)? Where do you get it from? Where did he get it from? Unless you know for a fact where it is grown, chances are goog that you are part of the problem.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• One of my friend's step brother killed a pizza guy (he and a couple of his friends) .. they were high and of course that was also their 'excuse" ...

that is not an excuse to kill someone. They wanted to kill the pizza guy regardless that they were stoned. I call BS on this.....no one gets only 6 years for killing someone...being under the influence does not give you more or less of a sentence either.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• NO! However, people have died because of things they did while on weed. And others from things that were mixed in with the weed. But week itself is not in any way deadly, in fact many studies have found it to be beneficial medically even to your average person.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• Oh wait am Im sure people have died while smoking weed. Some drug dealers spike the weed with other poisons. You here all the time how a batch of weed was tainted and it killed someone
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• Sebbie, i just googled "marijuana related deaths" and what i found was the opposite. All i could find was info on how low the numbers are. In fact, there are more deaths related to aspirin a year than marijuana. Obviously, you didn't google that...

Also, you are very misinformed about the drug trade. Most marijuana is grown right here in the good ole US of A. People don't want Mexican weed anymore because it has a very low amount of THC when compared to marijuana grown in the US. Hippies grow it & sell it to their friends because it's a weed that grows in any type of soil very easily...growing pot is easier than growing tomatoes.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• http://www.njweedman.com/10_marijuana_facts.html

Answer by older at 4:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• "You here all the time how a batch of weed was tainted and it killed someone"

really? You hear that all the time? I've never heard of it & my career is in the drug field...Where did you hear that? Care to share some facts?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• Anyhow, i'm a real big advocate of legalizing it. I know my facts....
    samurai_chica

• No not on an OD as far as being dumb while high well I dont buy it. If your being so stupid & high then your most likely stupid in general weather that means your immature or young or what have you. Kids giggle & do stupid shit all the time wihle sober.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• I'm not sure but I do know of people doing some pretty dangerous things while high. They could have died doing them.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2011