Has anyone actually died from weed ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• The only reasons on here I see only relate to being the smokers fault not the weed. Same thing with beer if an idiot drinks beer and drives which happens a lot more than any stoner driving their to lazy. You can not blame the substance for the user being retarded sorry. If it is an hallucination then yes I can see blaming the substance because the user is not really present however weed is not a hallucination and they do seel a legal version of it unfortunately the version they sell has just as many chemicals as methamphetamine does. So why not make that illegal and real weed legal.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• We can't base it on personal experience. Some people get really mellow. Some people get very agitated and paranoid. The supporters are usually of the physiology that get "mellow" because they cannot imagine it feeling different to someone else. We all have different beginning neurotransmitters in our brains, and the marijuana will change those up, but we are not all of the same "base".

It is like Benedryl. Some people who take it get very sleepy and relaxed. Others will get heart palpitations and agitation. Both reactions are very common.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• Its kind of a mystery why anyone would want to put anything foreign into their body----I used to smoke regular cigarettes but I quit so that my lungs and the rest of my body would be healthy.I take vitamins and have an occasional glass of red wine (it contains Resveratol, an anti-oxident which is healthy) and rarely even take a pain killer. I have arthritis in my neck and knee joint aches but I would rather not take Ibuprofen. Walking and Yoga helps with my aches and pains.
    I don't know if POT kills, but that seems to be irrelevant. The important thing is that anything smoked or chewed that supposedly is a plant ----remember tobacco is a plant also---that effects your brain cells ( and it does)or your lungs ( it does ) is not healthy.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• samurai chica, try this: google "marijuana deaths", go down to the 4th entry on the 1st page "News of marijuana death" and click on that. Here are 2 recent ones:

1 of 2 men found murdered at marijuana grow ID'd

Drug Dealer, Murderer Is Moved to Death Row

I stand by the idea that people do stupid things that sometimes lead to death for or on pot. I agree that legalizing it should make things better, but that doesn't change the current reality.

Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• Regarding where pot comes from, most experts seem to think at least 50% is imported (mostly from Mexico). Sorry, good ol US pot isn't as common or innocent as some want to believe, and the drug cartels are benefiting from our ignorance. See below:

National Drug Threat Assessment 2010

Marijuana Availability in US

Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2011

• I don't know if anyone has actually ODed on weed, but I know people have died (or killed others) while doing stupid things under the influence though.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• I would assume so, it is rare. but some people are deadly allergic to pot.
    crystaltowers

Answer by crystaltowers at 6:55 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,196678,00.html

Marijuana has no connection to cancer.

TCH reduces the carcinogenic affect...the vapor that comes from smoking MJ, contains less carcinogens than the actual plant itself. Tobacco does the opposite. When burned, there is more carcinogens in the smoke because the nicotine.

I never ever said that there is absolutely no danger associated with marijuana. but, i am saying it's a lot less than people think. I used to counsel drug addicts in college & had one guy who was a but mentally challenged. His drug of choice was heroin, but used MJ to try to keep off. It did not mix with him well. When he smoked it, his psychosis was increased big time. But, i'm talking about the average person here. Not someone who is nuts...

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:50 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• "But a recent review of studies on the effects of marijuana and tobacco smoke suggests that the cancer-promoting effects of these ingredients is increased by the tobacco in nicotine and REDUCED by the THC found in cannabis.

Previous studies have shown that THC can INHIBIT carcinogens in mice, and the report suggests it may have the same protective effect against the carcinogens found in smoke in humans."

This is taken from friggen Web MD...lol.....surprised they know this, but glad they put it out there!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• dancer... she said weed, not other drugs... way to jump off subject to make your point.... an NO only combos of wed and OTHE drs... sme people on here really just want the answer to be yes..lol
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:09 AM on Jul. 19, 2011