pains

ok so last night i was having really bad pains every where in my tummy
(im 30 weeks and4 days)
but i keep drinking my water
then i went to get up to let my dog outside and the pain was so bad i could not stand up
then a few min later it passed and i got up
then this morning i woke up and i was all shaking really bad
but i was drinking water all night so i was wondering wut is up and if anyone knows wut it is
i called my doc and they said he had the week off and to call back next week

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Call back in a week? I do NOT think so, sorry but that is just insane. If your doctor is unable to help then you should contact the labor and delivery dept. at your hospital, the on call doctor should be able to help you out.
    With those kinds of pains you definitely need to get seen. Good luck to you.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 4:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• my doc is the only obgyn
    in the office so i could not talk to someone else
    (at lest that is wut they told me)
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• YOU BETTER CALL ANOTHER DOCTOR! You are not far enough along to be having pains like that. Go to the emergency room, if nothing else. But see someone as soon as you can.
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• If your doctor is "unavailable" to you, you should go to the ER or labor and delivery. If something is really wrong, your doctor should at least be available by phone being he is the only OB in your office. At least call the L&D and get their opinion on what you should do, but most likely they'll tell you to come in for fetal monitoring for a couple of hours so they can see what's up. And I would definitely do that if I were you.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2008