I cannot shake my depression today.. any suggestions to help me

get out of my funk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Rainy days really get me down -- my area of the country doesn't get snow, just two or three weeks of foggy, yucky rain through December. When that happens, I give myself permission to nap each day, when possible, have a cup of cocoa with candy canes in it, watch my favorite movie, pop in a comedy CD to listen to, or turn on some pop music and dance. If that fails, retail therapy always wins, even if it's going to a thrift store and setting a limit of $8 or $10 with the change I pick out of everyone's laundry pockets. Feel better soon. =)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 7:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• get out of the house. No matter how much you don't want to.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• A long warm bubble bath, some music that you enjoy, reading book that you know you like, sipping a beverage of your choice- tea, cocktail, grape juice. Write a letter to a dear friend, or to a family member, telling them how much they mean to you. Write out a donation to a charity that you care about.

Answer by Bmat at 5:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• pictures always work for me by the time I am done with them I am laughing so hard ..lol hope you cheer up soon

sunkist78

Answer by sunkist78 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Google the great depression...particularly pictures by Dorthea Lange...what these moms suffered and how they watched their children suffer and go hungry...you will feel blessed in no time.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• do you know what's causing the depression? Quite a few ppl are having such a hard time getting into the spirit of the season b/c of $$. My spirit lifter is "Charlie Brown Christmas" it makes me remember the real reason for this season.
    If it's the weather(it's snowing here in WA), try a warm bath, candles and music.
    if ya need shoulder, I'm a mom to adult girls and always have a shoulder & hugs when needed
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2008