anyone else have to take pain killers to get through life? deal with work and just all around feel better? I cant function without them....and i m sick of it..but it love them? i dont know what to do?

joliecrzy

Asked by joliecrzy at 7:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Health

• I like percucet but I only take them when Im in pain, but they are not prescribed to me.
    Anonymous

• Ummm No.. I would see a couselor.. Life is hard, it has its ups and downs... You have to learn to deal with them the right way.. Pain killers are not solving anything, just dulling them... I have a SIL that is addicted something awful.. within four years, lost her job, gained weight, lost all interest in her children and sleeps all day. Kinda sad.. But kind of annoying to know that I, at 44.. have seen death, suicides, worked on the ambulance and fire dept, worked in the hospital and still I am able to live my life without drugs.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• sounds to me like u have an addiction to them, so i would seek help. u cant possibly like being so dependent on something, and u would be able to handle everything SO much better if they arent clouding ur judgement. good luck hun, ull need it if u wanna stop using them.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I would suggest you getting tested for cronic pain disorder called Fibromyalgia. It is a very real problem I suffer from and have to take athritis med for every day. The med I take is called Lyrica and is a different type of pain reliever because it doesn't offer a "high" effect like others do. It is very well tolerated by most and isn't addictive. I hope you can get the help you need and if it is warranted relief you need it is best to see a doctor about this, good luck either way and god bless.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• you need to put your self into a rehab, it's grest thst you know you have a problem, witch tell's me that your strong enough to fight it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• thanks a lot ...i know you guys are right!!! just so hard!
    joliecrzy

Answer by joliecrzy at 11:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• there is only one way to get better been there done that. You need a support group and a damn good one girl. You need to want to do it for yourself and not others. I have been clean for 7 yrs no illegal or overdose of pills or other drugs... Its very hard but believe me in the long run you will feel better. if you ever want to talk message me im here for ya!
    mememecassie

Answer by mememecassie at 10:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2008