• In the Spotlight:

what should i do?

my daughter stays with my mom while im in school. She's usually an angel with my mom, but when i get home, she's a totally different child. she throws fits, and trys to get away with everything. i wishshe would act like she does with my mom when she's with me. what should i do?

k10ann7

Asked by k10ann7 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My ds does that too, he is great at school but does not listen worth anything at home. So I shall check back to see what others say.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• nothing. my son is the same way, and i've always read that you should be grateful, that means they are acting up to get your attention or something to that effect. I dunno. If you figure it out let me know!!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 5:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• my daughter does the same thing. but i realized its because my mom wont put up with it. and i do. stupid, i know, but im working on it. =D
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 6:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• When my son goes to his dad's every other weekend he is an angel. When I get him back Sunday night he is a demon spawn. I figured out that he stays up late, doesn't always get a nap, and is spoiled rotten by his dad and step-mom. They cater to his temper tantrums and whining. So when he comes back home there is normally a 24 hour period of extreme discipline before he is a good kid again. I think you should ask your mom what she does when you lil one misbehaves. That should tell you which one of you isn't being strict enough.
    monstersmom1

Answer by monstersmom1 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• its called our kids are with any other adult than their parent.lol..thats just how kids are..mine are the same way. guess we have to be a step ahead!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:24 PM on Dec. 18, 2008