Are you peircing your baby girl's ears when she's born?

Why or why not? I'm thinking about doing it at 6 weeks.

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My mom had mine done when i was little cuz i was bald lol and I rarely wear earrings now but im not all sad that i have the scars....

You may not be "all sad that you have scars" but your daughter might.

Yah I would hope that I raise my daughter to not be so vain that two teeny little pin prick holes would bug her... they are teeny tiny and barely noticeable and if she is THAT concerned with appearances then I have bigger fish to fry with her.... But it really is a personal choice for each mother, she is twenty months now and LOVES her earrings she thinks they are 'so pretty' as she says. She has a lot of fun picking out which earrings she wants to wear :D I guess we will see tho huh? Somehow I really really doubt that it will bug her Ive never heard anyone say "wow I am so mad my mom pierced my ears when i was a baby now I am horribly disfigured".
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Nahh. I'm going to let her decide for herself when she's older. My mom never made me do it, and I decided never to do it. No biggie =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:05 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• im gonna wait till my little girl is 6 months
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i dnt have a girl but my SIL did her daughters at 6months and a friend of mine did her daughters at a year and wishes she would have done it a few months earlier.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I had my first daughter's done at 3 months because that is the soonest it could be done. I plan on doing the same with this one.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I don't have a little girl. BUT if I did I would NOT be piercing her ears until she can prove that SHE can take care of her ears and the earrings... It's a privilege not a right!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I had my daughters ears pierced when she was 2 months old. Most places wont do it until they have had certain shots which usually are given when they are 2 months old. I did it then because I knew she wouldn't remember the pain and she did fine too. She cried for about 5 minutes and was fine. She does really well with them in even now at almost a year. She doesn't seem to pull on them or anything else.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 5:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Oh I didnt know 3 months is the earliset, then I guess I'll do it then!! As for the privilage/right thing... that doesn't matter to me b/c there are many other things that can be privlages when she's older.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• if i had a lil girl NO
    i didtn get mine til i was 14. tg i didnt have them cuz they would have been riped out. such a tom boy.
    i will let her make that destion
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I didnt get my 1yr olds done yet and I wont be gettune this baby's done either. Not for any reason just cause I havent done it yet and I dont know when I will. I have thought of waiting til they are old enough to ask and it be something for them to feel "big" about but I dont know we will see.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 5:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2008