What to get 11mo old for Christmas?

I was just wondering what do I get my 11 month old daughter for Christmas? She has rattles and stuffed animals and things like that. We don't have much money at all but it's her first Christmas and I wanted to make it special. As of right now though we also don't have any decorations, a tree, or anything like that. We are really short on money and witht the wheather being like it has been here in Portland , I have missed a lot of work. Sorry didn't mean to make this a sympathy type question, I really was wondering though about what to get her. Thanks.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 5:05 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Holidays

• A nice Christmas tree ornament with the year on it and maybe her name. It is something she'll have all her life.

Answer by Bmat at 5:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• The "upside" to having an almost 1 year old...is at that age they aren't going to remember ANY special occasions/holidays! So, getting a commemorative keepsake item for YOU to keep until she is older and can appreciate it, would be nice!

Gift-wise, I wouldn't go crazy over the "latest and greatest" toys, I WOULD however, get things like crayons, finger paints, pads of paper, etc., and some picture/first word books, maybe even a children's CD of Christmas songs that you can teach her!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My granddaughter just turned 1 this past week, we got her presents and ya know what she liked the best? The boxes!! Go to the Thrift store, call a local church, Toy for Tots.... I bet you can get a small gift for her. Even the dollar stores have cute toys. She won't care what it is. Don't stress.
    YOU have the best gift there is. Enjoy her while she's little. Trust me they grow fast!!!
    Remeber the true meaning of Christmas...we were given a very special gift and HE has nothing to do with ribbons or stores
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 5:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Truthfully she won't know any different this Christmas. I know it stinks to not get her anything but babies usually just play with the boxes anyway!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i got a 11 month old-boy and we got him a bike thing that i can push and walk him to park with. big legos, warm clothes, he likes hot wheels, maybe barbies for her? a bean bag chair since he loves watchin tv with mommy n daddy and a toy he can push around even though he already walks. oh yea and a new toddler bed that he will hopefully sleep in by himself
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 6:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2008