ok. im a new mom.

ok. the only way my 6 month old will eat jar food is if its in a nipple that goes into the bottle ya know.? well i was wondering if it would hurt her if i put a little bit of the jar food in a bottle nipple an let her eat it that way??? would that work??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe she's not ready. You shouldn't put food in the bottle. Just wait another week or two and try again feeding her with a spoon. Good Luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Agreed. Wait until she'll take it on a spoon. Have you tried very runny cereal? Get a good deep spoon and fill it with runny rice cereal. Put the spoon on her lower lip and let her sort of suck it off. Once she does that well, start making the cereal less runny and put it further in her mouth. **When I first started with my daughter, I would sit down in front of her with a bowl of my own oatmeal. I would take a bite and make a big deal about how yummy it was. Then I would offer her a bite. She thought it was great.

Good Luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• she will take it if its on my finger but not the spoon. iv been feeden her jarfood since she was 4 months old. shes just very picky. the only thing she will eat is sweet potatoes!!!
    Anonymous