why does ppl...

Think hardnesses not ok to use...they think its not right

we use the monkey backpack.
the only time it gets used if i take the twins by myself. you cant run in 2 diff directions at the same time
And also when we go to big places like the fair. so they dont get kidnapped or ran all over.

mama2twins07

Asked by mama2twins07 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• omg i used to think that ppl were demeening to their kids to harness them then i had a boy and when he started walking constantly i ran to walmart and got the dog...how he has his freedom and my peace of mind...BLESS THE MAKER OF THESE THINGS
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• puppy

mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• You do what you have to do to keep your kids safe...people will always judge no matter what you do. Every kid is different...some are very obedient and won't run off...others will run off at the first opportunity no matter how well you raise them.

Don't listen to them.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• No matter what you do, people will judge. Keep your kids safe however works best for you. If some busy body sticks their nose in your business and actually says something, just ignore them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Just remember the people who feel the nee to judge your ability to parent are in general insecure about their own ability to parent. There are thousands of methods out there and people will always diagree on everything from formula feeding to cosleeping to home schooling to using harnesses. But your absolutely right. the grocery shopping must be done and the alternative to not using the harness could be fatal. You can't expect young children to stay close to mom its in their nature to want to explore and if the harness works for you by keeping you sane and your children safe than who cares what susie insecurity has to say about it?
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I used to think they were mean to do to little kids......until I had one of my own. I'm sorry but they are small and quick. They can run far and fast and duck into small spaces.........LOL! Now, I've changed my mind and think they are a blessing.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I agree with using harnesses. The whole Adam Walsh story coming to a close is a huge reminder to WHY I wanted to use them in the first place. I will do whatever is necessary to keep my child safe. If she's attached to me at all times, I feel that's the safest place she can be. Even if she's sitting in a cart or a stroller, someone can take her if I turn away for just a second. But if someone tries to take her out of a harness, I'll feel the tug and will obviously know about it.

Ignore people who try to tell you otherwise. You're doing what you think is best.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Just arent my cup o'tea.
    I havent used them and dont intend to.

To each their own.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I believe in harnesses. It gives the child more freedom to run around and it protects the child from being grabbed.

Answer by Bmat at 8:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• The same people who give you attitude about the harness would give you attitude if the kids ran off and you were running through the store chasing them. Just have to learn to let it go, your childrens safety is more important than a strangers opinion.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2008