How many of you think this is ok?

Answer anonymous if you need to, but I am curious...........

Did you take drugs, drink, smoke or do anything harmful while you were pregnant? If so, did your baby come out without any known birth defects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i was doing meth a month b4 i got preg..quite cold turkey.
    also yes i took 2 hits off a joint while preg they are fine
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Unfortunately, I found out I was pregnant when I was 16 weeks. During that time, I did drink alcoholic beverages. Not all the time but the times I did: it was A LOT. Once I knew I was pregnant, I stopped.
    So far, my son is fine. However, this isn't something I would usually take a chance with.
    Anonymous

• I found out I was pregnant with my twins in the middle of January. That xmas and new year I had partied like a rockstar. I'd also been on a 3 day cruize. My twins seem ok, so far. Their 15.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 5:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Luckily for me I planned my pregnancy and so was able to give up alcohol, cigs, etc. But had it been unplanned, there is a strong chance my baby would have been exposed to heavy alcohol! I was a partier, going out every weekend with friends and my poor baby would have been screwed! It's a good thing I was on the pill and carefully planned when to have her. On the converse, my sister had her baby addicted to meth. She never got any prenatal care and now the girl is 2 and weighs 20 lbs!
    Anonymous

• Neither my husband nor I did ANY of those things before, during or after my pregnancies. In fact, I/we did EVERYTHING right and then some, and yet BOTH of our children have been diagnosed with Autism.

All pregnancies are a gamble, anything can happen during gestation--even in the last weeks of an otherwise perfectly normal pregnancy or during labor. BUT, if I HAD done any of the things that you mentioned above, I would HATE myself if it resulted in my child having a disability that was directly related to my addiction(s).

Of course, I've worked with women who took their pregnancies for granted (chain smoked, drank hard liquor, didn't eat right or exercise), and had PERFECTLY typical children, and then, there are those, like me, who do everything right, and still it doesn't always work out 100%.

Good luck!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I don't do anything mentioned above, I was just curious if anyone does/did. I don't think its your fault, but isn't Autism cause by vaccinations? That isn't a result of a birth defect I don't think.
    Anonymous

• I smoked cig the whole time i was pregnant with my son. Only 3-4 day but i did. He was born at 35 weeks do to my water breaking and he spent 2weeks in the nicu for not being able to brath on his own and he had a hole in his heart but it went away. He was 6lbs 5ozs when he was born. Other then that he was ok nothing that last for ever and he is fine now.
    Anonymous

• I smoked while I was preggers with my first..................and am smoking with my second, although I have been cutting back. My first came out 8lbs15oz and didn't get his first illness of any kind until he was almost 4. He was a week late and I was induced, but in perfect health!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Nope. I haven't had any alcohol, cigarettes, or hard drugs at all. Then again, I'm not a smoker, I'm too young to drink, and hard drugs never interested me in the first place. The worst you could say I've done is eat steak that's not well done, a few sunny side up eggs, and a few pieces of sushi.

I'm 39.5 weeks and my daughter is showing no signs of showing up soon >:( I've also had no issues, and I've passed every test. My baby is as healthy as a baby can be known to be while still in the womb.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I ate tuna and soft cheese....oh and I had muscles and shrimp a few times too.....
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2008