Am I doing the right thing?

A friend from high school (almost 10 years ago) and I were chatting, and I think he got the wrong idea and he's saying he wants to visit me and buy me presents and such, so I wrote him back saying that was inappropriate and that if we can't be just friends then I'll have to cut ties with him permanently. I was blunt about it. I'm married. But he's super emo, and I'm sort of afraid he's going to be depressed or do something to himself. I don't want to jeapordize my marriage though, that comes first. I guess I need the strength to cut this guy off and not worry about him hurting himself...it's not my fault, I didn't lead him on. This is just frustrating because this is finals week and I'm worried about that, plus it's holiday season and I want to be happy and not worrying about this guy when I should be thinking about my family.

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 5:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• you didnt do anything wrong just cut off all ties now and forget about him. if you try to care for him again you ll just hurt your dh and your relationship.
    Anonymous

• I told my husband. He said he was proud of me for being blunt to this guy. He hasn't written me back yet. I sort of do just want to delete him from my myspace and YIM.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• It's probably best to go ahead and cut ties. You don't have to remove him from everything all at once. That might sting a bit. But you've already laid down the law with him, now just ease on out.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2008