Is anyone allergic to birth control? Do you know about herbal supplements?

I needed to be on birth control for my hormone imbalance and problems with my period. But after being on many types, I have learned I am allergic to the progesterone and cannot take any form of b/c. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried, and had success with any natural/herbal supplements to regulate hormones and your period. I have excessive bleeding and clotting when on my period and almost to the point of hemorrhaging each month. I really want to be "normal" again. Can anyone offer advice/suggestions? Thank you!

goinginsane1

Asked by goinginsane1 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have been on 5 different b/c pills and shots. Allergic to all of them. Doctor says I can't take b/c at all.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• So... get a progesterone-free birth control method, such as condoms or natural family planning.
    If you haven't, you can try things like the mini-pill too which have a much lower dose.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 6:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I don't need b/c for b/c. My DH had a vasectomy 13 years ago. It's to balance my hormones and regulate my periods.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2008