Middle name suggestions?

What would be a good middle name for Lorraine? We have picked out a girl name, but right now I have Lorraine as the middle name because I can't find a middle name that flows well with it. I picked Evelyn Lorraine because it flows well, but Lorraine Evelyn just sounds off. Can anyone suggest other names for a middle name that would go well Lorraine? I would really like to use this as the first name if I can find a middle name that would sound good with it. (Lorraine is my grandmother's name and she is 90 years old with deteriorating health, Evelyn is my other grandmother's name, but she still has many healthy years ahead.) I would really like to use Lorraine as the first name. Can anyone help me?

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 1:58 AM on Jul. 19, 2011 in Baby Names

• I love the name Lorraine...it has such a lacy, romantic, old fashioned feel to it. A lot of it depends on your last name and the number of syllables in it...I'm feeling something with 3 syllables in it, like Lorraine Mackenzie or Lorraine Alyssa. But again, your best bet is to determine what number of syllables you think sounds good, and start digging through lists with the right syllable set up. The right name will find you!
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• Lorraine Mackenzie is cute terirose :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:16 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• How about using your first or middle name?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:03 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• Not so sure how that would work....Lorraine Rachael is a bit long. Ann might work, but we used it as part of our DD's middle name already.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 2:05 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• can never go wrong with Marie. Lorraine Marie sounds nice to me.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 2:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• LOL, so my DD's middle name is AnnMarie! My DH doesn't want to use Ann or Marie again! Maybe I should just find out what my Grandma's middle name is! I do however think it is Ann since that is the middle name of all of my aunts and that is why it is my middle name. My DH also doesn't like the name Mackenzie because that was my name for a day!
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 2:19 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• Beautiful name, here are a few options:
    Lorraine Grace. Lorraine Louis
    Lorraine Cecil,cecilia. Lorraine Caulett
    Lorraine Nicole. Lorraine Marlo or Marlet
    I always love when the first and middle name start with the same letter,ex
    Marilyn monro, nancy nicole, adam arnett. Ext
    lollipoptears

Answer by lollipoptears at 3:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• What about Lorraine Rose? I was thinking Elizabeth but that might be too long. If it were me I'd try to stick to something old fashioned. Lorraine is a beautiful name btw.
    Crzymom010203

Answer by Crzymom010203 at 4:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• Lorraine Angela, Maybelle, Celeste, Eva, Emma, Martine (Lorraine Martine? Love that!) Eve, Estelle, Fleur, Fay,

Whatever you choose, DO stick with Lorraine as the first name. I haven't heard it for ages and it sounds so fresh and feminine too. x
    Womanhood

Answer by Womanhood at 6:03 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• Lorraine Hope
    Lorraine Veda
    Lorraine Carter
    Lorraine Karrigan
    Lorraine Makayla
    Lorraine Madigan
    Lorraine Nicolette/Nicole
    Lorraine Anniston
    Lorraine Addison
    Lorraine Journee
    Lorraine Callista
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2011