has happened to you?

well today i went to the doctor to do a sonogram/ultrasound and the expert told me that i'm 19 weeks 4 days not 18 weeks 4 days. what do you think about this have you experience this too

Milindus

Asked by Milindus at 6:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I went to do mine and my due date changed by a month. If it would have stayed my baby woul be due in 2 days instead on 25.
    Anonymous

• Ultrasounds are not always completely correct. Sometimes the size of the baby can throw them off. Also, YOUR size can throw them off. I was huge when I was pregnant and they thought I was full term when I was actually only 30 weeks pregnant. It's quite common for the due date to change when you get multiple ultrasounds.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i went with my first prego and it was 1-2 days different... so its just a guess anyway
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 6:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• It is very common for the due date to change with an ultrasound. When you first go to the dr you give them an estimate of your last period. Which isn't always correct. When they do the ultrasound, they actually measure the baby which can give them a more accurate due date.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• this happened to me. But instead of just a week, mine was off by a month and a half!! it went from Feb. 14th to March 21st !! and then they changed it again to march 14th. all depends on how your baby is growing. I had my son March 11th... and he was 8lbs 1oz.....
    MommyMerKinsX2

Answer by MommyMerKinsX2 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i had mine earlier this month..the tech told (and showed) me that i was 20w4d and due 4/24/09..then when i looked at the pix she printed the next day, it said i was 22w4d and if thats true theres no way in hell im due the 24th, it be closer to the 8th..i dont get it either..try getting your dr to get you another US thats what im gonna do..GL
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2008