Christmas Gift for the Boss

It's really really hard to buy a gift for the boss- even harder if you don't. My plan: I am making a tower of treats just like those gourmet food places make. I will use whatever holiday food wrap the grocer has available, or I will use plain aluminum pans with plastic tops. Stacked on top of each other and tied up with a ribbon, this should make a nice gift.

All this planning being presented, what do you suggest for the pans? Do you have Christmas goodies recipes to share? I have to buy the groceries on Friday evening and make the stuff on Sunday.

My current thought is an apple cake or a spice cake in the bottom aluminum pan with a clear plastic top.

Next - ?

Next-?

Tied up with a ribbon and a small sticker naming ingredients on the bottom of each container so he won't face allergies for the holidays with his family.

LeftBrainy

Asked by LeftBrainy at 6:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Something candy/chocolate on top. I have an EASY candy recipe that tastes like Heath Bars topped with chocloate and nuts..leave the nuts out if you want.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I make own similar treat towers, and get my ideas right from Harry and David.com! I usually make a cake or assorted frosted/holiday cookies on the bottom, followed by dark and white chocolate covered and decorated pretzels (rods and classic shapes) including peanut butter, mint, and caramel toppings!), then on top a box of homemade fudge...a variety of flavors!

I can "mass produce" everything (in fact, I'm waiting for some cookies to cool as we speak!) in assembly line fashion, so it's really pretty easy to mix up each gift tower.

Try allrecipes.com They have some FABULOUS ideas and specific recipes for what you want to achieve. I use that site all the time!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2008