Which would you rather?

To be scheduled for a c-section at 39weeks which is when they schedule them. Or go through hours of labor just to end in a c-section?

I personally have been through the second twice.I was in labor after my water broke for 3days and it ended with a c-section and then I tried for a vbac with my second and after 24 hours I had a c-section. This time they wnt let me try so I am scheduled for one in a couple weeks. And if I go into labor before then they will just do a c-section. I was just wondering how other people felt about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• With your history I would just go ahead and schedule it because there is no reason to go through all the stress of labor if the outcome is the same.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 6:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I said I was scheduled for one in a couple weeks Jan 13th. But I wanted to know how other felt. I have seen some say if they would have known that it was going to end that way they would have done it in the beginning. And some have said they would do everything before they had one.
    Anonymous

• I think if I knew I HAD to have a c-section again, I wold probably wait until I went into labor naturally, then have the c-section, but not necessarily go through the full labor (if that makes sense). It's best for the baby to go into labor naturally, because it's a sign the baby is ready, and it's good for the baby to get the hormones that are released during labor. I've thought about it, too, because they're not sure I can deliver naturally. We'll see! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2008