How do I get my 14 month old daughter to hold a sippy cup? Help!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep it accessible to her and when she's thirsty she'll figure it out! :O) Give her one with built in handles and in her favorite colors...that will help!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• just be patient and keep trying to teach her how to hold it. my daughter wouldnt hold it, so i had to hold it for her. she was also 14 months old, and in about a week, (when she turned 15 months), she started holding it herself.
    i was determined to having her on a sippy in the daytime, and i held it for her when she got thirsty. when she realized i wasnt going to give her the bottle in the day, she eventually gave in, without a fuss, and started on the sippy. =D just patient, she'll come around.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 6:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• she could learn easly 9 month old but that ok, try not give up. she need learn use sippy cup all time. You have help her how hold sippy cup all time. will be alot work to do. im been try help my son learn how to use everythings. try ur best u could.
    whoishotmama

Answer by whoishotmama at 6:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• When we switched our boys over at 6 months, I helped them hold it for about the first week...after that, they held it and I used one finger to help tip it up...slowly easing off on the help. In two weeks, they were pros and completely off the bottle!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I switched DD at 7 months. Playtex sippy cup with the handles is what worked for her and my DS... I just handed them (DD & DS) the sippy and cut out the bottles except for before bedtime. Now My DD 13 mos. tries to steal other kids' bottles... lol
    heather_84

Answer by heather_84 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2008