How was your day?

Mine was ok I got a free breakfast $200.00 in giftcards from work, was on a really good high, then I had a tiny altercation with my manager that was really no big deal, and while we were working it out I burst into tears. I NEVER cry at work, I am never emotional at work, I have my tubes tied so I'm not prego, and what happened really was no big deal, SO WHY THE TEARS!!! Oh well at least it all got worked out, but geez it was embarassing I was a blubbering mess.

ednakrabapple

Asked by ednakrabapple at 6:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• Ah..I have days like that too. I don't understand it either.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• lol...I haven't been that emotional and I am pregnant! I have been caught off guard by emotions before though...usually when I'm already stressed out and one little thing pushes me over the edge...I really only cry when I'm being sappy or REALLY overwhelmed.

As for my day, it was alright. The guy that was supposed to come look at my furnace (being noisy) didn't show which meant I was tethered to my house and skipped a nap for nothing. I did get through a lot of cleaning I SERIOUSLY needed to do. Then I took my daughter to her sister's house for their Christmas and they had a BLAST. We were expecting some nasty weather tonight so we had to make sure we got home to beat the weather.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I have been pretty emotional, and I just think things must get better, but they seem to keep getting work. DH is facing a layoff and I've been out of work for months. I'm working from home with Ameriplan, but I won't be able to replace 2 incomes it's taking me a while to replace one... on a positive note, atleast I get benefits through them for my family, so I can get discounted HealthCare if I need it. And my kid's got gifts from school today for Christmas. It was very heartwarming to have been "adopted" by another family. But I break down every day. I just can't stay strong for 24 hours in a row anymore.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Chickadee wow I am so sorry, now my blubbering at work doesn't sound so bad. I wish I could help you but my hubby and I are rebuilding over here and have just spent every last dollar in our bank account on bills. We have fifty cents left, but it is yours if you want it. It is the season for giving:)
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2008