Dent in back of 9 month olds head

My 9 month old has a dent in the back of her head. She has had this since she was a few months old. I think that it could possibly be from laying her down in her bassinet on top of one of those Angel Care sensor monitor pads. My husband also has a dent in his hean that he says he has had since he was a baby. She has not hit her head and she is acting normal. I just wonder if any other parents have experienced this and if the dent eventually smoothed out.

kristys82

Asked by kristys82 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is it in the area where they are bald from laying on thier back? i would say just mention it to the dr at the next well check but if daddy has it too i would say its probaly genetic.
    drivnkids

Answer by drivnkids at 10:54 AM on Jul. 19, 2011

• I would for sure bring it up to the doctor at the next check up
    kmqw229

Answer by kmqw229 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2011

• Talk to your child's doctor. My daughter has a flat spot on one side of her head and it's not getting any better so we're going to see another doctor about the possibility of her needing a helmet. The sooner you get it checked out the better.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 2:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2011