Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do we get rid of my daughters abusive ex boyfriend?

My daughter was at medical assting school taking a test when her ex boyfriend, using my phone, called her and started abusing her over the phone. Wben she tried to call me, He refused to give her the phone. Then he finally brought me the phone. My oldest daughter called me and said that something was wrong at school and I needed to call. She also told me about the phone call and his refusal to bring me the phone when my child was on it.
5 minutes later the school called and said that they called the paramedics, that the dean, a MD thinks that she is having a Heart Attack. Now I must wait to hear. Older sis is on the way to E R so that my baby is not there alone. She is only 19. I want this fool away from here for ever. Help!
Can I file charges on him for this?

Answer Question

Asked by granmaw56 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • get a restraining order, file police reports, get a VPO, or call the police station and see what you need to do

    Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

  • File a harrassment report with the police department.

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

  • First off, cancel the phone service and open up a new one so he isn't using it. Get a stay away order and have your daughter get a DV restraining order on him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

  • sweetest-sin7 said it exactly ..... good luck

    Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

  • You need to get very firm with your daughter FIRST about ending this relationship. Restraining orders won't matter if she is too emotionally involved with him. Then, change the phone numbers and locks and get a protective order. Do all you can, she is in a very abusive relationship. Good luck.

    Answer by hopelessnance at 6:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

  • all of these above answers are good -- another idea would to be to get a hold of your local women's shelter -- many of the counselors there have been through abusive relationships or have had someone close to them go through one --- they would know what to suggest and they might even have a counselor there that is an abuse advocate that can help your daughter through the process of ending the relationship and protecting her as well. please let me know how things turn out -- my mom survived an abusive relationship with my father, but i was too little to know what was going on -- also you might want to try legal aid if it's still around -- or call the national abuse hotline and get their advice as well. i'll keep both of you in my prayers . Good Luck

    Answer by chefbelcher at 9:05 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

  • Don't you have any family that can "remove" him from the situation?

    Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

  • Thanks. She has tried very hard to end the relationship. He says he's just coming by to see the baby. As he works on the corner of our street sign twirling. Only job he could get after 17 months of trying. I told him that he had caused her to be taken to hospital. The ER doc also thought she was having a heart attack. Cardiac enzymes where neg. Thank God. She is really loaded right now on anti anxiety meds and morphine. After he left my house again. I called his parents and told them what he had done. I also told them to put his actions in check NOW or I will. His mother said oh my god is she alright? I also told them of his lies to them about her. They think he is an angel. I believe he is a close relative of the devil.


    Granmaw56/Mary Ann


    Answer by granmaw56 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

  • Your matter is serious and it is against the law to ask Us to give opinions regarding it as it is a legal question-Go to an attorney-I do suggest You change Your phone numbers and get as far away from the trouble-maker as You can if You intend on pressing charges though. ////


    Answer by MomaNana2008 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

  • To momanana2008 it is not illegal to ask advice or to offer it. To the OP I would agree with the fact that you need to file a complaint against him, get a TPO and then go from there. Hopefully he will get the hint that he is pushing the boundaries, if not then you might have to seek futher action under the law. Call the local police or an attorney.

    Answer by tagable at 5:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.