Can pacifiers cause gas?

My 2 week old son has been crying for hours the last 2 days, and I can't think of anything else it could be besides gas. He's fed and has a clean diaper and is still upset. He does use a pacifier quite a bit though. Could it be causing him to have gas bubbles?

K_Coleman

Asked by K_Coleman at 6:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is possible... if you dont have one of those way too expensive binkies that wont let too much air in the mouth then its possible. but it could also be possible that something is wrong with his stomach. did you try giving him some baby tea?!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i gues anything is possible iv never heard of it happening. if hes breastfed check your diet it may be something your eating thats upseting his belly if hes formula fed hen he might be getting to much air when hes bottel feeding.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yes he is breastfed and I thought I had been doing a good job with my diet. No pop or anything carbonated, no spicy food or gas causing foods such as broccoli or beans.
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 7:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Probably not. That is an old wives tale... but gas in infants is extremely common. Try Mylicon drops. :) Good luck!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i have a friend who had to elimanate any dairy product from her diet so her son would not get sick. hes fine now (3) but at the time had a sensitivity to dairy products.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 8:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2008