In favor of XXX domains?

Are you in favor or against the government requiring adult sites XXX to be removed from their current location and have XXX domains? Please explain your answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• yes, i do think the xxx domain is a great idea.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• do you have a link with the info to read Im interested in this one

Anonymous

• Yes I think the XXX sites should have specific domains. Right now you can type in something completely innocuous and up pops something really dirty!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• One worry is that some nations may force sites dealing with sensitive topics like homosexuality or birth control into the .xxx zone, where they can be easily blocked.

So, I guess no.
    Anonymous

• GREATEST idea ever known to the www. Not only will it help with unwanted "pop-ups", but maybe it'll better security of who is looking at these sites. for example, the government will probably have an easier time "watching" over .xxx sites, instead of the HUGE numbers of .coms, etc, and therefore maybe having more control over targeting pedophiles or underage users.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i would have to agree with thundernlight, i don't know what changes this entitles but anything to keep that away from prying eyes when you already do so much anything more is just better.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• That is an excellent idea!
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 10:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• love it. you can misspell kimpossible dot com and see some pretty crazy stuff. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I think in theory it's a good idea. But, it's a slippery slope to control information available to you. Plus, what would be so hard about typing in a different address for a child who knows how to spell? If they want to see it, they will. I don't know much about pedophiles and the sort, but don't they usually go to sites like myspace and pretend to be younger? I guess I watch too much Dateline. It just seems like it wouldn't really make much of a difference, except the govt. being able to tap that resource for tax purposes. I guess I don't have a feeling one way or the other about it.

Anonymous

• Huh. I hadn't heard this, but I'd like to see a link.

On a barely-related side note, if you call the Nuby hotline number incorrectly listed on Nuby products (if you don't know, Nuby makes sippy cups, pacifiers, etc.) you get a porn-hotline. Also, if you call 1-800-babyrus, you get a porn line. I just learned this tonight, when we had an irate customer come it to yell at us for it....which is hardly fair, because 1-800-babyrus would be a stupid number to call when trying to contact us. We aren't "Baby R Us". Idiot.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2008