Does it drive you crazy . . . .

I'm no english professor, but some people on here spell so horribly. Recently, someone said something was "torcher" when it was obvious from the context that she meant "torture." If I am unsure about the spelling of a word, I look it up on dictionary.com. It's a real hoot when someone is being reaaly rude and post is all jacked up. I probably sound like an ass, and I don't think I'm better than anyone, but my goodness, I think the education system may be failing us. Are any of you as amazed by this as I am?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I am with you! I try really hard to make sure I spell right. It drives me nuts, even on memos and stuff.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i'm very educated and i spell things wrong all the time on here . i get to typing fast and not paying attention and this is supposed to be a laid back friendly website so im not going to take the time to stop and look up word and then continue. i am a very good speller if i think i don't know how to spell it i sound it out and do my best. you'll know what i mean
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I have posted many a comments here asking people to please use spell check before posting and have been bashed for it. It is as simple as hovering your mouse over the word and right clicking. It will give you the correct spelling of the word. Click the correct one and it automatically is replaced. I don't know why everyone gets so upset when we ask to use the spell checker. We just don't want anyone to look ignorant who isn't, you know?
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I just read it the best I can. Some may have not went to a perfect school like you, or may not know how to spell check. So get over it....If you dont like the way some people type get over or dont read it.
    Anonymous

• I spell things wrong sometimes.  I usually use the spellcheck when I am answering. But sometimes I am in a hurry a hit the answer button before I remember to recheck what I wrote. I  have a dictionary sitting right by the computer too. You know the old fashioned book type. Sometimes I just hit the wrong button.  I found out typing a word and talking a word is very different.

Answer by louise2 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yet another someone unwilling to show their face but be a crotch.Way too go anon 6:54
    I try to spell the best I can as well but I agree with the above post, sometimes I get on a roll and want to get out a thought before I lose it and I make a typo here or there..but if I am unsure then I use spell check..which any moron can figure out is under full editor button. I think for the most part moms here are just in too big a hurry and figure we know what she is trying to say...and for the most part they are right. I can almost tolerate this problem better than I can the ghetto crap..what the hell does fina bouta mean anyway? Fina? is that a word?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I don't really care one way or the other and I don't let the small things in life bother me : ) If I can't read it I just move on. But I do thinks it's really funny when someone posts a question and it reads like they're sending a text message. I have to skip over those ones because I usually just don't want to take the time to decipher them.....LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I think it is funny when somebody complains about something and then is guilty of the same thing they are fussing about. Check out the word really! You should have paid more attention to that!
    Anonymous

• Jodi--- obviously typos are excluded. Also sometimes someone will say can, but really meant can't . . these mistakes are excluded also. I'm talking about plain flat out stupidity. If I see that I have spelled something wrong or an important word was omitted, I copy and paste my post, fix it and the erase the previous post.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Anon 7:05----clearly that was a typo . . go graze somewhere else.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2008