Wht do I say?

I dont know what to do. My SO paw paw is dying. And he is upset of course. But what makes it worse is that his stepmom keeps say well we dont think he will make it past this date or that date and she has been saying this for weeks now. And now she says he wont make it to Christmas and that everyone has started to plan his funeral and picked out the casket and everything already. And that EVERYONE is just wanting to know how much money they are getting. He is so upset with her because she is constently talking about it. She doesnt even seem to know what is really going on with him she just wants to cause drama. That is what she does. He does even want to talk to her right now he is so mad. I dont know whatto say to him. My paw paw died when i was 3 and that is the only family member i have had die. What do I say to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Just let him know that you understand that dying is a tough thing for anyone to handle. And that you understand and you are there for him if he needs someone. His mom may be acting this way because she has no idea how to act otherwise........it might be her way of handling it. Tell your SO to try and spend as much time with him while he can, but to remember that his paw paw wouldn't want him upset. And to celebrate the man he was.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008