39 Weeks. . . Ready to get contractions goin. Any ideas or suggestions?

Ok so I am due Monday! I went to the doctor a week ago. I was 1+ centimeter dialated. I went this week and there was no change. I am due Monday. I have been walking all over work and where ever I can. And nothing.
Any ideas or suggestions to get contractions started? I would rather them start on their own, and not have to be induced or a C-section. I will be induced before I do a C-section but would really rather they happen on their own. :)
The only thing is Sex helps. . . .as they say. From what I have heard and read. but will it hurt the baby??

mgurl

Asked by mgurl at 6:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No it wont hurt the baby.
    Anonymous

• A lot of walking, lots of sex, nipple stimulation, these are things that I read that help move things along.
    Rosie5

Answer by Rosie5 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• you can try doing squats and caughing that helps bring cntractions on, walk alot, try beinding down and picking something up but not tto heavey
    Anonymous

• Try re-arranging your furniture too....sometimes that will help... my sisters water broke as soon as she moved her couch....Mine were all C-Sections....
    bdmartin_81

Answer by bdmartin_81 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• play with your nipples... my friend lives by that lol
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 7:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• It will def hlep! go for it girl! that is what finally put me into labor after i stopped taking my pills to stop the contractions from pre term labor.
    MamaG325

Answer by MamaG325 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Hey, I asked the same question and I got crucified. I am 40 weeks a long, effaced and not dilated at all. I asked what could help and everyone said "just let it happen naturally or your hurting your unborn child." I even had one CafeMom tell me they didn't care about me but they care about my unborn child. How rude? But from the good answers I got, I was told that having sex will help because of the semen. That something in it stimulates contractions. And if you tried that, try it with your knees bent in the air! Good luck and I hope things get going for you <333
    MamaKeetz

Answer by MamaKeetz at 10:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Sex wont hurt the baby at all! You can ask your doctor if you can wait instead of being induced...most doctors dont have a problem with waiting as long as the baby isnt too big
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:40 AM on Dec. 19, 2008